Microsoft VBA (Basic)
With a little VBA knowledge you’ll be able to automate tasks in Excel and turbocharge your data handling capabilities.
In this course you will learn:
- Learn how to automate tasks and operations that you perform frequently.
- Discover how to define and manage variables, set up subroutines, and create functions.
- Find out how to use input boxes and message boxes to interact with end-users.
- Learn practical methods for using macro errors to improve your VBA code.
- Learn about the PivotTable object and basic approaches to utilizing it.
- Discover what variables are, and how they relate to functions versus methods and subroutines.
- Create cross-functional flowcharts.
+ SECTION 1 | INTRODUCTION - 4 MODULES
Unit 1 | The VBA Course and the Environment
1. Introduction to the VBA Course
2. Getting Started
3. The VBA Editor
4. First Coding Manipulations
+ SECTION 2 | VBA AND MACROS - 11 MODULES
Unit 2 | VBA as a Language
1. VBA Syntax, Keywords, and Comments
2. Objects and VBA Intellitext
3. Variables and Method Calling Rules
4. How to Define and Manage Variables
5. Constant Variable Types and Variables through Intellitext
Unit 3 | Introducing Macros
2. Logical Constructs: The Boolean Type
3. Logical Constructs: If and Switch Statements
4. Methods for Communicating to the User
5. Looping: The For and Do While Loops
6. Looping: Collections and the For Each Loop
+ SECTION 3 | FUNCTIONS - 8 MODULES
Unit 4 | Introducing Functions
2. Returning Values from Functions
3. Function Input Parameter
4. Determining Limitations
5. The Worksheet Function Object
6. Completing Exercise 5
7. The Range Object
8. Writing an Array Formula
+ SECTION 4 | COMMON KEYS TO VBA - 8 MODULES
Unit 5 | Working With Objects
1. The Application Object
2. The Workbook and Worksheet Objects
3. Using Errors to Guide You
4. The Name and Names Objects
5. The PivotTable Object
6. The Chart and ChartObject Objects
7. The PageSetup Object and Print Ranges
8. One Approach to Completing Exercise 8
+ SECTION 5 | CLOSURE - 1 MODULE
Unit 6 | Conclusion
1. Concluding Remarks
About the author
For this course, we’ve partnered with training experts SimonSezIT, who help learners win when it comes to computer and software technology. Just like EWB, the SimonSezIT team are passionate about Microsoft applications and computer programs, knowing what makes excellent training work. Their content is inventive and compelling, and we’re sure you’ll love it.
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
Enter Your Voucher Code Here
Note: We ask for your billing address for our tax records only. We do not ask for card details for pre-paid items.