In our frantic, numbers-driven world, the importance of clear writing is often overlooked. Stand out by mastering Business Writing.
In this course you will learn:
- How to structure and plan your writing
- About sensory preferences and how to write for your reader
- How to improve the flow of your writing and make your words easy to follow
- Crucial punctuation and grammar tips
- The importance of editing and using feedback
+ SECTION 1 | INTRO - 2 MODULES
Unit 1 | Introduction
1. Course Introduction Video
+ SECTION 2 | WRITING FOR READERS - 10 MODULES
Unit 2 | What Do You Want From Your Reader?
1. Why Are You Writing?
2. Writing Changes What the Reader Thinks, Feels, and Does
3. Who Is Your Reader?
Unit 3 | What Do Readers Want From Your Writing?
1. Introduction to Predicting the Response of Your Readers
2. Predicting the Reader Response
3. Using the Reader Response Model
Unit 4 | Writing With Purpose
1. Know Your Aims
2. Writing to Meet Your Aim
3. Practice Briefing
Unit 5 | Section Plenary
1. Section 2 Plenary
+ SECTION 3 | STRUCTURE AND FLOW - 9 MODULES
Unit 6 | Planning and The Pyramid Structure
1. The Importance of Planning
2. The Structure of Our Thinking and Communication
3. The Pyramid Structure
4. Building a Strong Pyramid
5. The Best Way to Write an Introduction
Unit 7 | Flow
1. What Is Flow?
2. Plotting Flow
3. The Ideal Conditions to Create Flow
Unit 8 | Section Plenary
1. Section 3: Plenary Video
+ SECTION 4 | WRITING WITH STYLE - 14 MODULES
Unit 9 | Make Your Writing Easy to Follow
1. Sub-Headers and Connectors
2. What Is Cognitive Cost?
3. Summarizing Your Writing
Unit 10 | How to Write a Great Sentence
1. How to Write a Great Sentence
2. Readability Statistics
Unit 11 | The Words That Attract Readers
1. How to Avoid Bad Jargon
2. Words That Attract More Readers
3. The Right Word for the Job
4. Why People Hate Mission Statements
Unit 12 | Punctuation and Grammar
1. Grammar and Punctuation Introduction
2. Grammar and Punctuation Workout
3. Using Numbers
4. How to Avoid the Passive Voice and Unnecessary Verbs
Unit 13 | Section Plenary
1. Section 4: Plenary Video
+ SECTION 5 | EDITING YOUR WRITING - 7 MODULES
Unit 14 | Getting the Most From Feedback
1. Getting the Most From Feedback
2. Feedback and Emotions
3. Categorizing Feedback
Unit 15 | Editing Your Work
1. Editing Is Important
2. Instant Editing
3. Reading Aloud
Unit 16 | Section Plenary
1. Section 5: Plenary Video
+ SECTION 6 | COURSE ENDING - 2 MODULES
Unit 17 | Course Ending
1. Course Ending
2. End of Course Video
About the author
Communication, Influence & Teams and Business Writing are authored by Andreas Loizou. As Leader in Residence at Leeds University Business School, he has a history of working with MBA students, and he is a widely published author who has done research for BNP Paribas and Goldman Sachs, and was Director of Training at the Financial Times.
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
Enter Your Voucher Code Here
Note: We ask for your billing address for our tax records only. We do not ask for card details for pre-paid items.