Microsoft VBA (Advanced)
Become a VBA virtuoso
In this course you will learn:
- Advanced methods for automating tedious Excel jobs.
- How to write and implement Excel events.
- Discover how to modify a variety of standard behaviours, such as double-clicking, opening files and saving files.
- Learn how to design and implement specialized classes of objects.
- Discover how to customize the right-click menu within cell ranges.
- Learn external libraries, and how you can extend VBA’s capabilities beyond standard Excel options.
- How to modify the Excel user interface, including the “Ribbon” and context menus to interact with your VBA code.
+ SECTION 1 | OVERVIEW - 1 MODULE
Unit 1 | Introduction
1. Course Overview
+ SECTION 2 | FOUNDATION - 7 MODULE
Unit 2 | VBA Language Details
1. What to Expect
2. Excel File Types
3. Code Modules
4. Detailed Memory Management
5. Code Module Interactions
6. The VBA Project Model
7. Advanced Parameter Definitions
+ SECTION 3 | EVENTS - 5 MODULES
Unit 3 | Excel Events
1. What Are Events?
2. Pre-Defined Events
3. Event Parameters
4. A Series Of Example Events
5. Application Events
+ SECTION 4 | CREATING OBJECTS - 13 MODULES
Unit 4 | Custom Objects
1. Chapter Overview + New Keyword
2. Creating a Custom Type
3. Create a New Class
4. Defining a Class
5. Practical Example of a Class
6. Practice Test of a Class
7. Special Class Variables and Components
Unit 5 | VBA Attributes and Userforms
1. Initialization and Termination
2. VBA Attributes and Usage
3. Inheritance - Defining the Bookmarks Support Class
4. Creating a Userform
5. Designing a Userform
6. Coding a Userform
+ SECTION 5 | THE EXCEL INTERFACE - 5 MODULES
Unit 6 | Modifying and Defining Interface Options
1. Modifying the Excel Interface
2. Scope and Range
3. Control Options and Access
+ SECTION 6 | REFERENCES AND LIBRARIES - 5 MODULES
Unit 7 | External References and Office Interop
1. What are References? How do they work?
2. Reference Object
3. Office Libraries
4. ADODB Library
5. The Scripting Library
+ SECTION 7 | CLOSURE - 1 MODULE
Unit 8 | Conclusion
1. Course Conclusion
About the author
For this course, we’ve partnered with training experts SimonSezIT, who help learners win when it comes to computer and software technology. Just like EWB, the SimonSezIT team are passionate about Microsoft applications and computer programs, knowing what makes excellent training work. Their content is inventive and compelling, and we’re sure you’ll love it.
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
Enter Your Voucher Code Here
Note: We ask for your billing address for our tax records only. We do not ask for card details for pre-paid items.