Microsoft Access (Advanced)
Dive deeper into Microsoft Access with our Advanced Microsoft Access course. With our advanced course, you’ll learn how to automate tasks to save you time, how to apply advanced techniques such as macros and VBAs and overall Access best practice.
In this course:
- Discover how to link to other data sources effectively.
- Learn how to split a database by splitting the frontend and backend.
- Follow along as you learn to create and maintain macros.
- Explore the use of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Discover advanced options for the use of forms.
- Dive into options for packaging your application for distribution.
- Test your knowledge with an online quiz and Certificate of Completion.
+ SECTION 1 | INTRODUCTION - 8 MODULES
Unit 1 | Introduction to Advanced Microsoft Access
1. Course Overview and Content
Unit 2 | Primary Keys and Indexes
1. Primary Keys and Indexing Rules and Guidelines
2. More About Indexes
Unit 3 | Using Datasheet View
1. Setting-up Northwind Database
2. Working in a Datasheet View
3. Customizing View, and Advanced Sorting and Filtering
5. Exercise 01
+ SECTION 2 | DATABASE AND SQL - 8 MODULES
Unit 4 | Linking to Other Access Databases
1. Linking Two Tables to Other Access Databases
Unit 5 | Using ODBC and SQL Server
1. Acquiring and Installing SQL Server Express
2. Setting Up SQL Server Database
3. Exercise 02
Unit 6 | Splitting an Access Database
1. Splitting an Access Database into Front-end and Back-end
2. Converting Shared Table into Local Table; Moving Back-end Database
3. Exercise 03
4. Addressing Multi-User Issues When Sharing Data
+ SECTION 3 | MACROS, VBA, AND CUSTOMIZING THE INTERFACE - 11 MODULES
Unit 7 | Macros
1. Basics of Macros
2. Macros on Events; AutoExec
3. More About AutoExec; Bypassing AutoExec
4. Macro Security Settings
5. Exercise 04
Unit 8 | The Ribbon
1. Customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
Unit 9 | Visual Basic for Applications
1. Convert Macros to VBA; VBA Editor and Property Windows
2. VBA Modules; Running Code and Error Handling
3. Creating Modules; Subs, Functions, Intellisense, and Variables
4. Scope, Variable Naming, and Strings
5. Standard Functions; Logical, Case, and Loop Statements
+ SECTION 4 | EVENTS, FORMS, QUERIES, AND MORE - 18 MODULES
Unit 10 | Access Events Model
1. Adding Events to Assets Database
2. Exercise 05
3. Common Events; Form and Report Events
4. Switchboard and Navigation Form; Error Handling
5. Exercise 06
Unit 11 | Forms
1. Formatting Bound and Control Form
2. Split Forms; Macro Error Handling
3. Creating Form With Tab
4. Go To Combo Box and Its Properties
5. Exercise 07
Unit 12 | Advanced Use of Queries
1. Basics of Queries
2. Syntax of SQL Statements
3. Use of Multiple Where Criteria and Select Statements Function
4. Exercise 08
5. Action Queries - Part 1
6. Action Queries - Part 2
Unit 13 | Packaging Your Application
1. Steps in Packaging Access Applications
2. Exercise 09
+ SECTION 5 | CLOSURE - 1 MODULE
Unit 14 | Conclusion
1. Course Close
About the author
For this course, we’ve partnered with training experts SimonSezIT, who help learners win when it comes to computer and software technology. Just like EWB, the SimonSezIT team are passionate about Microsoft applications and computer programs, knowing what makes excellent training work. Their content is inventive and compelling, and we’re sure you’ll love it.
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
Enter Your Voucher Code Here
Note: We ask for your billing address for our tax records only. We do not ask for card details for pre-paid items.