Want to master web design? This two course package is a great starting point.
WordPress powers nearly half the world’s websites, making it one of the most critical web platforms around. If you’re not quite sure how websites actually work, you’re not alone – but this duo can fix just that.
We’ll take you through the basic building blocks of websites. You’ll get to grips with the two most fundamental web development languages, HTML and CSS as well as learning basic design and building principals. On top of all of that, you’ll learn how to host and run your own site so if you’re curious to know more about web development, here’s where to start!
housands of small business owners, authors, artists, marketing managers, non-profit employees and others seeking to build professional, efficient, and effective websites without actually hiring a web professional have experienced great success with WordPress.
This project will see you through creating an actual website alongside the author. By the end of this course, you will have a complete understanding of WordPress and a fully-functional live site.
What you will learn in these courses:
Web Design In HTML & CSS:
- The different elements of a website and how to access them
- The proper semantic structure of HTML
- HTML tags, lists, and how to embed media
- The various properties of CSS to better display your HTML
- The box model of CSS
- How to install and set up a WordPress website from scratch
- How to host a website, picking a domain and a hosting service
- About organising, designing and how to structure your website
- About essential WordPress plugins. How they work and what the benefits of using them are
- The basics of managing SEO, social media, user comments, web analytics, forms and e-commerce
- About keeping your website up-to-date and maintained
More about us:
- We have nearly 1 million students in total, 500k+ of those have had MS Excel training with us.
- We teach accountants Excel. Through our partnerships with accountancy bodies, the AAT and ICAEW we have taught 20k+ accountants Excel.
- Our training is personal. If you have used Excel before you can use the filter to show you which parts of the course to skip.
- Our platform is award-winning and improving all the time.
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB duo, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
About the author:
Chris Misterek is a web designer and developer from Phoenix, Arizona in the US. He’s passionate about beautiful web design and concise front-end development. In his free time, he loves riding bikes with his three girls and making music. An entrepreneur at heart, he’s built his web design company from a few clients to a steady stream of projects in just a short amount of time.
Wendy Willard, has an outstanding reputation for explaining essential web design concepts, clearly, having co-authored our best-selling Web Design course. She has written this course with a practical focus explicitly in mind.
Wendy has over 15 years of experience working with businesses providing a variety of web & instructional consulting email marketing and design services. She’s authored best-selling books Web Design DeMYSTiFieD and HTML for Beginners for Osborne / McGraw-Hill publishing.